Monday 19 May 2014

Waiting for the hand to turn

"With great power comes great responsibility" - Peter Parker's Uncle Ben in Spiderman.

As a parent on the school run I feel I have this great responsibility. I need to make sure that I rise extra early (and that means ensuring the alarms are set and I actually do get up when they go off) so that all the necessary preparation prior to leaving home can be carried out and we can leave on time.

Although I have to get up for work anyway, before I can think of the office I have to make sure that my child and other I take on a rota are ready, get picked up, are transported to school, navigate to the playground and are safely delivered into the arms of their teachers.

There is no clock watching waiting for the time to turn before the day can start - the clock watching is making sure I carry out my responsibilities on time.

(It would probably really annoy me if I actually had a real clock as opposed to a digital one to watch - as if you are like me - I would feel like hitting it to get rid of the tick-tock sounds. Thanks digital world)


No comments:

Post a Comment