Monday 12 May 2014

That Mr Anderson.....

One of my favourite quotes from a movie is the line from the Matrix where Agent Smith says to Keanu Reaves' character Neo: " That Mr Anderson is the sound of inevitability."

As one is prone to consider life when faced with the monotonous crawl through traffic before 8am in the morning, it got me thinking that this run into school is the inevitable - that is here are all these people going about their daily routines again and again and again - something that we all have to do whether we like it or not. The children have to get to school.

There was a further scene from the above film where Neo, having been made aware of his true position in life, sees his former life from a detached point of view.

I felt a little like that this morning. I began to wonder what are all these other people doing, where are they going, are they themselves having surreal thoughts about what else is out there on the morning run other than getting from A to B as quick as possible.

Luckily for me, today proved to be anything other than inevitable that for a Monday morning I actually arrived at school much earlier than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment