Thursday 29 May 2014

Limp Mode

I learnt something new today.

My car which is new (not new new but new to me) developed a fault on route this morning. If felt as if the engine would cut out at any moment. I had to keep revving the engine to make sure it wouldn't stall. I was convinced if it stalled then it would not start again.

We made it and early and with relief I parked the car.

It was not an easy journey and especially not to transmit any worry to my little passengers who were more concerned with what music to play and tissues to wipe their noses. I made a joke of it at the end saying that the car was not well and had a cold. That was accepted without question.

We had a longer walk in than normal but they enjoyed the change and were well behaved.

I found out later that my car went into limp mode to protect it and was perfectly safe to drive (even if it did not feel that way).

I will call the emergency response mechanics at the RAC later - hopefully it will be just a case of resetting the engine codes. We shall see..........

No comments:

Post a Comment