Wednesday 21 May 2014

That Special Day

Today is my birthday. I am not going to tell you how old I am (I am not old) and my hair has not turned grey or white yet or fallen out.

I do not feel older but I feel wiser (that's what experience of life brings).

I thought like most other birthdays of mine I would be greeted with rain as is normally the case. To see glorious (well semi-glorious) sunshine this morning was a real treat and a surprise especially given the forecast was to be rain.

I even got to choose what to listen to in the car this morning (or rather I decided enough with the children's songs for just one day).

I think I may have even found a new part of my route to school - but I will explore that another day.

Today is my day and I will enjoy it (even though I have to work). If the sun still shines and it is as I write I will go for a long wander at lunch today and think of the birthday cake that awaits my return from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment