Thursday 4 September 2014

I'm Back!

Well that's it - holidays over and I am back on the school run again.

I will blog more as to the rota shenanigans that took place over the summer another time.

For now, this is day two.

It was just me and my son and TRAFFIC.

Isn't it just typical that the first day back (yesterday) when you want to get in quick without any problems so you can see what's what and settle them in in a relaxed way is anything but!

Of course, that is exactly what happened. We left on time only to be confronted with a HUGE traffic jam on what I like to call phase 2 (more on that later) of my run. A five minute stretch took 45 minutes to pass.

Luckily once cleared the run was quick and almost traffic free. We made it with two minutes to spare and just in time to line up to go a new class. Phew!

What was nice was that despite the above, I saw most of my friends (albeit briefly) and that at least made a difficult morning better.

But the best thing of all - a happy child at the end of the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment